Host your next social or corporate event at Washington, DC's most elegant and enchanting venue. The National Portrait Gallery, as part of the Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture, is housed in a gloriously renovated National Historic Landmark building. Conveniently located in DC's bustling Penn Quarter neighborhood, the National Portrait Gallery is ideal for your special event.
The Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery tells the history of America through the individuals who have shaped its culture. Through the visual arts, performing arts, and new media, the Portrait Gallery portrays poets and presidents, visionaries and villains, actors and activists whose lives tell the American story. The Portrait Gallery relies on the support of generous donors to accomplish this mission.
For more information please contact the Office of Special Events at: (202) 633-8111 or e-mail NPGHostAnEvent@si.edu.
To inquire about space availability, please complete an Event Inquiry Form.
Special Events Policies:
The National Portrait Gallery invites individuals and organizations to support the museum’s mission and have the opportunity to celebrate a special occasion at the museum. These events could include:
- Fundraising galas for organizations with 501(C)(3) tax-exempt status
- Private corporate receptions and dinners
- Personal social events for adults, including wedding receptions, memorials, anniversary celebrations, and birthday parties
- Personal social events for teens and children such as bar/bat mitzvah celebrations, prom parties, etc.
The dedicated special events team at the National Portrait Gallery will be pleased to provide you with a list of vendors whose expertise and familiarity with the venue will help make your event successful. Vendor selections must be approved by the Portrait Gallery.
View and download our event guidelines:
- National Portrait Gallery Space Use Policy >>
- Guidelines for Corporate and Non-Profit Events >>
- Guidelines for Social Events >>