Plan Your Visit
1. Before you come:
- Make sure your free timed-entry pass is printed out or available on your phone. Passes will be available soon.
- Pack your face covering. Visitors ages two and older are required to wear a face covering in all indoor spaces. Fully vaccinated visitors are not required to wear a face covering outdoors. Face coverings may be removed while eating or drinking in designated spaces.
- As a health and safety precaution, we are not offering printed floorplans at this time, but you may use the museums’ free Wi-Fi to access a visitor map online or print one here before leaving home. Please note the museums’ store and café are closed and outside food is not permitted.
- We encourage you to limit the number of personal belongings and bags you bring into our facilities. Suitcases, large umbrellas, and backpacks are not allowed in the galleries. Security officers may ask you to hand-carry smaller backpacks, or wear them on your front, to protect the artworks. Please note that we do not offer coat check or bag storage at this time. Strollers are permitted in the galleries.
- Be familiar with the Smithsonian’s health and social distancing guidelines and other policies for visitors including prohibited items prior to arrival.
2. While you’re here:
- Wear a face covering, which is required for entry and must be worn during your visit regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors ages two and older are required to wear a face covering in all indoor spaces. Fully vaccinated visitors are not required to wear a face covering outdoors. Face coverings may be removed while eating or drinking in designated spaces.
- Practice social distancing, staying at least six feet from visitors who are not a member of your party.
- Wash your hands and use our free hand sanitizer, available throughout the Museum.
- If you need help during your visit, speak to a staff member near the entrance.
3. When you leave:
- Stay connected to museum through our Newsletter and our social media channels: Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook